Thursday, February 3, 2011

The Girl Scouts of America's Business Plan Can Suck it!

Finally...It's that time of year when getting hassled at the office to participate in some rugrats fundraiser is actually a pleasure.  That's right folks, it's Girl Scout Cookie time!



I myself was a Girl Scout, well technically I was a Daisy, then a Brownie, and then a Junior Girl Scout.  I never actually made it all the way to full-fledged Girl Scout.  Looking back that probably had a lot to do with the fact that I was never in uniform for the meetings, earned three measly patches, and was really only interested in one thing...those cookies...I mean can you blame me!  I don't even recall ever going door to door.  My parents did the grunt work for me and we always ended up with a surplus of boxes tucked away in various cabinets to spread the wealth so to speak, lest I eat all 20 boxes in one sitting, which was a scenario that always had strong potential as it was the only time we ever really had good ole' bona fide "junk food" in my house.

I have continued this rationing tradition and have gone to great lengths to hide Samoas in places only I would think to look.  There is always a package of Thin Mints tucked into the freezer, pulled out ever so slowly, one by one, until the next cookie season rolls around.

I'm pretty sure that if I ever landed myself in the slammer Girl Scout cookies would become my currency.

But as much love and affection my sugar-coated heart has for those cookies, I pretty much detest the business plan.  Seriously people, who in their right mind came up with this cockamamie scheme.  "Ohh I know let's bake crack into the dough and then only sell them ONCE A YEAR!" First bite's free.  I really think SNL writer John Mulaney says it best here:


">

I mean really...WORST BUSINESS PLAN EVER (good thing I ordered 15 boxes)!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for adding me to your blog-o-mania!! I'm going to be trying out some do-it-yourself Thin Mints this weekend. If they work, I'll post the recipe to my blog :)

    Oh, and there's nothing wrong with being a girl scout drop-out. I also only made it to the junior level :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's my pleasure. Your budget diet is inspiring!

    $10 says you earned more than 3 patches, even as a drop-out.

    ReplyDelete