Tuesday, August 10, 2010

It's Obsession Tuesday

I am food OBSESSED...this should not surprise anyone.  For the last three years I've risen every morning craving a spicy tuna handroll from here http://www.chibarstl.com/ (if you are ever in the area do not pass go, do not collect your $200, head straight here!)  Maybe it's the Scorpio in me, but I find myself getting wrapped around the axel about the most banal foodstuff.  Throw in a new product...and yowzah, I'm sold!  So every Tuesday I'll happily be sharing what I'm obsessed with in the world today, mostly food related, with perhaps a few extras thrown in for good measure.  And so without further ado I present to you:




What, you've never heard of Archer Farms?  Well allow me to enlighten you young jedi.  Archer Farms is a private label food brand brought to you by Target.  I had the pleasure of visiting a Target Megastore in Saint Paul, Minnesota over a friend's wedding weekend, and you would have thought I'd died and gone to heaven.  My husband was mortally embarrassed to be seen with me, squealing down the aisles, skipping and clapping like a 13 year old girl afflicted with Bieber fever.  People they sell everything here...you can buy a toothbrush, motor oil, and a porterhouse (yes they have a meat counter).  Now I know this sounds an awful lot like a Super Wal-mart, and truthfully it is, but it's Target people...is there really anything to argue about in this case.  But I digress.  Even if you aren't lucky enough to have one of these shopping meccas in your area, chances are your local Target is stocked with plenty of Archer Farms bounty, and much of the brand is worth a shot (skip the Macaroni and Cheese flavored potato chips, big disappointment) particularly the Sweet Cajun Trail Mix.  In fact Archer Farms has many an intriguing trail mix blend, but if you want a sure bet, go with this flavor combo.  You can't go wrong, it has butter toffee peanuts, spicy peanuts, toasted corn, honey sesame sticks, Cajun sesame sticks, and almonds!  It's the most remarkable combination of salty and sweet, and I'm warning you now, it's mucho addictivo!  I bought the biggest jar they had and nearly scarfed my body weight down in one setting...so don't say you haven't been warned when your significant other finds you in a food coma on the couch with little bits of toasted corn peppering your chest.  


1 comment:

  1. Any idea what happened to this? It has disappeared from all the Target shelves and their website. It was the BEST!

    ReplyDelete