Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Kia has gone to the hamsters!

Has anyone else seen this:



I really can't decide whether this marketing campaign is pure genius or if it frightens me enough to change the channel.  I'm leaning toward genius.  I do know that I am totally obsessed with the krumping ballerina hamsters in the background about 40 seconds in!  Is this what happens to those poor lab hamsters that have all sorts of beauty products force tested on them?  Is there something lurking in the latest facial peel or deep conditioning treatment that causes them to grow 7 times their size and rap?  I wonder what PETA would have to say about this.

3 comments:

  1. You know, I'm not a fan. In fact, I find it sorta disturbing, not least of which because the song is about sleeping with the rapper rather than "that" (presumably some other guy). I don't want to "get with" a Kia, or really any other car.

    That said, ultimately the success of a marketing campaign is whether it makes me want the product. This campaign makes me want to buy some D-Con.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You make a great point...but I really think Kia may be on to something. I mean do you remember this little gem:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UJqs3D2vv4I

    GENIUS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Actually, the "this" is "The Black Sheep," and the "that" are other hip hop acts. The band was talking about the quality of their product, not their sexual prowess, per se. However, I can't speak for the people at Kia or their spokesrodents.

    ReplyDelete