Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Kitchen Confensions

Bless me Julia for I have sinned;

I made Boeuf Bourguignon without separately braising the onions...or sauteing the mushrooms...and (depending on the penance for this one) I may also admit to adding a slurry instead of naturally reducing the liquid.

If the severity of this transgression is affected by taste, you should know that it was delicious.

Side note; you must have had some sense of humor because you recommend Chianti as the braising liquid, which I can only imagine made your French teachers squirm a bit.  So from this alone I'm inferring I may still make it into Foodie Heaven.

Additionally I've built a small shrine to you and your cohort Jacques Pepin in my kitchen. At the very least I'm banking on this knocking off a few years in purgatory.

No comments:

Post a Comment